Monday 1 February 2016

Wish upon a Star

"Wish upon a Star"



Over the last few months I have been busy working on a new pattern for Sue Daley.
It all started with the arrival of the above fabrics and a grey scale picture and the request that some fussy cutting was included, the rest was up to me. These fabrics were just a guide and as can been seen in further photos I chose not to use them all and some more than others, especially that stripe :)




The fabrics are a mix of Riley Blake and Penny Rose Basics and "Fancy and Fabulous" by Fancy Pants Designs.
The entire quilt is English Paper Pieced.





I have probably spend way to many hours staring at my design wall questioning what I was doing but it slowly stared to take shape.




Today the quilt top was sent back to Sue.
I can't wait to see how she has it quilted.

The pattern will be released soon and if you are interested, there will be kits available in the same fabrics that I have used :)

If you pop on over to Patchwork with Busy Fingers and sign up for the newsletter you will be amongst the first to know when its available.


(I have tried to add a Flipagrvam above. If it does not work, sorry)

Until next time,
hugs Sharon





4 comments :

  1. You haven't done your job right if you haven't spent hours musing at the design wall I think! I do that too, probably overthink things but in the end I'm usually pretty happy with the final result. Yours is worth the thinking time! Love that stripe, reminds me of the cover that used to be on pillows when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is one gorgeous quilt. Amazing workmanship! Beautiful design and fabrics. So glad you could share it with us! K-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have used the fabrics Sharon. The top looks wonderful. I already get Sue's newsletter so look forward to seeing it after quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing this quilt grow, tis gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx